Propose an idea or join another team.
Experience the first phases of a product development process.
How does it work?
We will guide you through the fuzzy front end of a product development process. During input workshops and in hands-on sessions with the coaches you will learn to apply state-of-the-art methods in idea development and prototyping. The process consists of the following four main phases:
- NEEDFINDING: Empathize with potential users and experts, understand the problem, and define problem statements
- IDEATION: Generate a broad variety of possible solutions, test feasibility, obtain feedback
- PROTOTYPING: Prototype and test your idea, no matter if you work on a service, software or hardware product. We offer digital prototyping tools such as 3D printers, laser cutters, Arduino platforms and more
- PITCHING: Present your story in front of an audience and celebrate your work
Some important questions
Who is it for?
- all disciplines, all academic levels (BSc, MSc, Ph.D., …), all schools (ETH, ZHdK, ZHAW, …)
- people with ideas and people who are excited about the process and would love to join a team
- team players who have the motivation to bring an idea to live
- makers, hackers, creatives, normal-ones, special-ones, ….
What you get?
- professional coaching and input workshops
- freedom to follow your own idea
- free access to makerspace and co-working space
- 500 CHF for prototyping
- ETH participation certificate
What kind of ideas are suitable?
- all topics are welcome
- you can bring an idea or a problem you want to solve
- should be relevant for a bigger group of potential users (not a private project)
- can be market driven or relevant for society/university
- hardware, services, software, ..
You can join the unbox your idea program next to your studies or research. It requires approx. 1day effort per week. The workshops and coaching sessions take place on Wednesday 5.30 pm - 9.30 pm.
- INFO EVENT: Learn more about the program and get to know us - Tuesday, March 6th, 6 pm - 7 pm
- KICK OFF: getting to know people and ideas – Saturday, March 9th, 9 am - 6 pm
- WORKSHOPS: Input workshops, 1:1 Coaching sessions, co-working – Every Wednesday 5.30 pm - 9.30 pm from March 13th till May 22nd
- FINAL EVENT: Pitch your idea and show your prototype – Wednesday, May 22nd, 6 pm - 8 pm
Impressions: Unbox Your Idea '18
We are proud that the unbox your idea program is sponsored by the Zühlke Engineering AG. Moreover, experienced employees from Zühlke will give feedback on the ideas halfway through the program.
Contact & Sign up
If you have any question - just contact email@example.com
If you are interested to sign up or to stay tuned - just use the following buttons.